Tomato and Vegetable White Bean SoupDon't shy away from tomato based soups now that tomato season is behind us. By bottling fresh during the tomato harvest, we've captured the fresh taste of summer-ripe tomatoes in our organic sauces, making them the perfect base for any recipe.
Recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large white or yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp dried basil, oregano and garlic powder
- 1/2 pound red potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium yellow squash or zucchini, sliced
- 2 14.5-ounce cans fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 jar Lucini Rustic Tomato Basil sauce
- 5 cups veggie stock
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups kale, chopped
- Heat a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat and prep veggies.
- Add extra virgin olive oil, then onion, garlic, carrot and stir. Season with salt, pepper, and spices and stir again to coat.
- Next add squash, potatoes, fire roasted tomatoes, Rustic Tomato Basil sauce and veggie stock. Bring soup to a simmer and then reduce heat to low and cover. Continue cooking for 15 minutes, then add beans, another pinch each salt and pepper, and stir. If the soup starts boiling, be sure to lower heat to just a light simmer.
- Cook for at least another 10 minutes to let the flavors meld, and then add kale, stir, and cover. Cook for 5 minutes more.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Serve with a hearty bread.
Pumpkin SoupThis pumpkin soup recipe begins and ends with extra virgin olive oil. Lucini Premium Select extra virgin olive oil has a balanced taste, very "green" with a peppery finish. It is perfect for sauteing and finishing, and adds a wonderful layer of flavor to a seasonal pumpkin soup.
Recipe adapted from Delish
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 lb. pumpkin
- 4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. heavy cream, plus more for garnish
- In a heavy soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, heat extra virgin olive oil. Add onion and garlic and cook until golden.
- Meanwhile, halve, peel, and scrape out seeds of the pumpkin. Cut into chunks.
- Add pumpkin chunks and broth to pot. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, uncovered, then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer until pumpkin is fork-tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and, using an immersion blender, blend mixture until smooth. (Alternatively, let soup cool, then blend in a blender.) Stir in cream and season to taste.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls, add a swirl of cream and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, then garnish with pepper.