Courtesy of Chef Art Smith
A delightful rich and buttery cookie perfect for anytime of day
Pecan Shortbread Cookiesyields 24 - level Easy
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 5 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons Lucini® Premium Select Extra Virgin Olive Oil®
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (two ounces) coursely chopped pecans, toasted
- Sift together the flour, cinnamon, and salt and set aside. Beat the butter, olive oil, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl with a hand-held electric mixer at high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Stir in the flour, then the pecans, to make a stiff dough.
- On a lightly floured work surface, form the dough into a 9-inch long log. Wrap tightly in parchment paper. Refrigerate until chilled and firm, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees farenheit.
- Unwrap and slice the dough into 3/8-inch thick rounds. Arrange about 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until beginning to brown around the edges, about 20 minutes. Cool on the sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 2 dozen.