Mini Olive Oil and Fig Cakes- level easy
For the cake:
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 5 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cardamom
- Zest of two Oranges
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- About 25 Dried Figs cut in half
For the glaze:
- Juice of Two Oranges
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 325 F and prepare nine mini tart tins with a thin coating of olive oil and flour.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cardamom, and orange zest.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the honey, olive oil, milk, sugar, and eggs. Mix on medium until smooth and well combined.
- Slowly mix in the flour mixture until the batter comes together and is thoroughly combined.
- Pour the batter into the tart tins until they are 3/4 full.
- Place a few of the halved dried figs into the batter of each of the tins and bake for 18 minutes.
- Make the glaze by mixing all the ingredients in a large bowl with a spoon until they are smooth and combined.