Recipe adapted from Pinch of Yum
- 1 whole butternut squash, peeled and cubed and roasted, totaling about 4 cups cooked squash
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons high-quality extra virgin olive oil
- nutmeg, garlic, thyme, and/or sage
- generous pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 beaten egg
- Pasta dough (find our favorite easy pasta dough recipe here)
- Kale pesto (find the recipe here or try it with our Spicy Tuscan Marinara)
- Place cooked squash, ricotta, Parmesan, extra virgin olive oil, seasonings, and salt & pepper in a food processor. Pulse until mostly smooth. Mixture should be very thick and sticky, like cookie dough.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Lay out pasta dough in rounds. Place 1-2 tablespoons filling in the center of each round. Brush edges with egg wash. Place another round on top, sealing tightly at the edges, and rounding the top with your palm to make a nice shape.
- Boil ravioli in batches for about 5-8 minutes. Drain gently (they break easily) and toss with extra virgin olive oil to prevent sticking. Serve with the topping sauce of your choice, and extra
- Parmesan cheese!