A Flavorful and Delicious DinnerIf you’re looking for a new main course for your dinner, try out our take on a popular dish – baked mezzi rigatoni. We’ve changed up the recipe a bit by adding something extra with parmesan herb sauce and sweet Italian sausage. Along with the addition of our infused olive oil, you’re sure to have a hit on your hands!
Recipe SummaryRecipe Servings: 6 portionsRecipe Preparation Time: 0 minutesRecipe Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 3 tablespoons Lucini® Premium Select Extra Virgin Olive Oil®
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups warm milk
- 1/2 cup Organic Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- 2 teaspoons chopped, fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- dash Lucini® Fiery Chili Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet Italian sausage, browned
- 1 pound Delverde® Mezzi Rigatoni, cooked al dente and drained
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
InstructionsTo prepare the sauce, heat the olive oil until hot, add the garlic and sauté quickly. Add the flour and cook until thick. While whisking slowly add the warm milk. Cook over medium heat until the sauce comes to a boil. Add the cheese, herbs, and oil and cook stirring often. Season with salt and black pepper.To prepare the pasta, place the sausage and pasta in a large bowl and add the sauce and mix well. Season with salt and black pepper. Place the pasta in a baking dish and top with bread crumbs. Bake in the oven until golden brown and bubbling, about 30 minutes. Serve warm.